A hearty dish of pork and leek sausages, sweet potatoes and mushrooms in a deliciously comforting onion gravy.
- low calorie cooking spray
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 200g closed-cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 12 Slimming World Syn-free Pork & Leek Sausages
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a deep non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until slightly caramelised, adding a little water if they start to stick.
- Put half of the fried onion in a food processor with the garlic and 100ml water and whizz until finely chopped. Return the puréed onions to the pan and add the mushrooms, carrots, tomato purée, Marmite, thyme, stock cubes and 500ml boiling water. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausages according to the pack instructions. Cut each sausage into 5 pieces and keep warm.
- Stir the sweet potato into the casserole and cook for a further 20 minutes, adding the sausage pieces 5 minutes before the end. Season to taste and serve hot. Enjoy!
Tip: This casserole is available as part of the Slimming World food range, available in Iceland stores.