A delicious blend of Free beans and vegetables, flavoured with smoked paprika.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 120g canned baked beans in tomato sauce
- ½ x 400g can mixed beans or pulses in water, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tbsp barbecue seasoning
- 2 bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/ gas 6 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Steam the sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender (use a steamer or put the chunks in a covered colander placed over a saucepan of boiling water and steam over a high heat). Tip the chunks into a large bowl, add the baked beans and mash roughly. Add the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each one into a burger (the mixture will be quite wet). Arrange the burgers on the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Use a fish slice to carefully lift them off the tray (they will be quite delicate) and serve hot with a salad.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.