This classic pasta dish is traditionally high in Syns – our lightened-up version swaps cream for fat-free fromage frais without swapping any of the flavour!
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 6 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces – see tip)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- Small handful of fresh chives, snipped
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 level tbsp Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.
Tip: To make a vegetarian carbonara, swap the bacon for Free chilled Quorn rashers and the Parmesan for a vegetarian alternative.
*Current government guidelines advise that pregnant women, the elderly, babies and toddlers have eggs marked with the British Lion stamp if eating them raw or partially cooked.
Sign up for your free 7 day eating plan & email newsletter
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join by the 15th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay at your first group – a fabulous saving of £4.95!
After that, bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.