This classic pasta dish is traditionally high in Syns – our lightened-up version swaps cream for fat-free fromage frais without swapping any of the flavour!
- 400g dried spaghetti
- 6 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed (or Quorn bacon-style pieces – see tip)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 level tbsp grated fresh Parmesan
- Small handful of fresh chives, snipped
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the eggs, season to taste and stir in the fromage frais, 1 level tbsp Parmesan and most of the chives.
- Add the bacon to the drained spaghetti and mix well over a low heat, then remove from the heat and stir in the egg mixture. Toss thoroughly so that the eggs thicken in the residual heat, making a sauce that coats the pasta.
- Scatter over the remaining Parmesan and chives and serve hot.
Tip: To make a vegetarian carbonara, swap the bacon for Free chilled Quorn rashers.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.