Burgers go gourmet with a kick of chilli and a salsa-style topping
- 700g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- A small handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 x 60g wholemeal rolls, halved
For the relish:
- 200g roasted red peppers in brine, from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp small capers, rinsed
- A small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp fat-free vinaigrette
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put all the relish ingredients in a bowl, season and mix well. Cover and leave to stand while you make the burgers.
- Put the mince, onion, garlic, chilli, paprika, cumin in a large bowl. Season and mix well. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat your barbecue to hot. Using wet hands, shape the beef mixture into 4 large burgers. Spray both sides of the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray, then barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side, or until well browned and cooked to your liking.
- Barbecue the rolls until warm and top with your burger.
Tip: Make and freeze these tasty burgers so you’ll have them ready for the
next sunny-day barbecue.
Video: Spiced burger with red pepper relish
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.