Who needs chips when you can have these sensational wedges?
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 level tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cardamon seeds
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves, to serve
for the spicy mango salsa dip:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
for the coriander dip:
- 110g fat-free natural yogurt
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Make each dip separately, by mixing the ingredients together and chilling until required.
- For the wedges, place the sweet potatoes into a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until they are just tender. Drain and leave to cool and then cut into ½cm wedges.
- Mix the oil and spices together and brush evenly over the potato wedges. Preheat your grill to medium-high. Place the wedges on a non-stick baking tray and grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or until they are crisp and golden. These wedges are also ideal for cooking on the barbecue. Sprinkle the wedges with the seasoning and coriander and serve with the dips.