These sensationally savoury mushrooms are piled high with four other vibrant veggies and finished with a cheesy topping.
- 250g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 250g spinach, washed and dried
- 8 medium-sized open-cup field or portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 2 salad tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50g reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
- Drop the squash into a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat, bring back to the boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a medium-sized non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the leek and 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover, increase the heat slightly and cook until the excess liquid has evaporated. Tip into a large bowl.
- Add the spinach to the pan you used for the leek and cook until wilted, then tip into a colander and press out all the excess liquid. Add to the leek, mix well and season lightly.
- Spray the mushrooms all over with low-calorie cooking spray and place them upside-down on a non-stick baking tray. Sprinkle over the garlic granules and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the mushroom tray from the oven and drain away any juices. Arrange the spinach mixture and squash on top of each mushroom then cover with the tomatoes and Cheddar. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese is golden. They’re delicious with potato wedges and salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5!
AND if you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.