Tender chunks of chicken in a tangy Free® sweet and sour sauce with peppers and bamboo shoots.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 30g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 8 spring onions, each cut into 3cm lengths
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 3½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- Place the roasted red pepper, ginger and garlic in a food processor with 100ml water and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes then add the carrot and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in the puréed pepper mixture and the remaining ingredients plus 350ml boiling water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot with rice and your favourite Speed vegetables. Enjoy!
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.