Tender chunks of chicken in a tangy Free® sweet and sour sauce with peppers and bamboo shoots.
- 1 large bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained
- 30g root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 8 spring onions, each cut into 3cm lengths
- 2½ tbsp tomato purée
- 3½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 225g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 225g can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- Place the roasted red pepper, ginger and garlic in a food processor with 100ml water and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Fry the chicken for 5 minutes then add the carrot and peppers and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding a little water if anything starts to stick.
- Stir in the puréed pepper mixture and the remaining ingredients plus 350ml boiling water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot with rice and your favourite Speed vegetables. Enjoy!