Enjoy the flavours of sweet and sour chicken without the sticky heaviness of the restaurant version - it's just as quick as a takeaway too.
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets, very thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce/tamari
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce/tamari
- 2 level tbsp sweetener
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 100ml passata
- Spring onion slivers and lime wedges, to garnish
- Place the chicken in a shallow ceramic dish. Sprinkle over the spring onions and garlic, season well and pour over the light soy sauce. Toss to mix well, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes, then add the dark soy sauce, sweetener, vinegar, paprika, five-spice powder and passata. Stir to mix well and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Check the seasoning, sprinkle with spring onion slivers and serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Tip: This dish would also work brilliantly with pork. If you're enjoying an Extra Easy SP day, serve with at least half a plate of delicious veggies, or cauliflower rice.