A moreish blend of chickpeas, squash and sweet potato, flavoured with cumin and turmeric.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 100g butternut squash, peeled and coarsely grated
- 75g sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 50g courgette, coarsely grated
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Tip the chickpeas into a food processor and add the coriander, egg and all the spices. Season to taste and blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the onion, squash, sweet potato and courgette. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape each of them into a burger.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking powder.
- Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray, spread them out on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until firm and lightly golden. Enjoy with a green salad.