A moreish blend of chickpeas, squash and sweet potato, flavoured with cumin and turmeric.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 100g butternut squash, peeled and coarsely grated
- 75g sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 50g courgette, coarsely grated
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Tip the chickpeas into a food processor and add the coriander, egg and all the spices. Season to taste and blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the onion, squash, sweet potato and courgette. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and shape each of them into a burger.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/Gas 7 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking powder.
- Spray the burgers with low-calorie cooking spray, spread them out on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until firm and lightly golden. Enjoy with a green salad.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.