Fragrant basmati rice with a medley of vegetables in an aromatic curry sauce.
- 2 medium onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 finely chopped
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and chopped
- 10g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g dried basmati rice
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 100g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 100g frozen peas
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fat free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roughly chopped onion and half of the roasted red peppers in a food processor. Add the ginger and garlic and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the finely chopped onion for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed. Add the pepper purée, spices and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir to coat the grains in the spice mixture.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, remaining roasted pepper, stock cubes, cauliflower and sweet potato. Pour in 700ml boiling water and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan without stirring them in, replace the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, season to taste and stir through before serving with the yogurt.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay at your first group! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group