Fragrant basmati rice with a medley of vegetables in an aromatic curry sauce.
- 2 medium onions, 1 roughly chopped and 1 finely chopped
- 2 large bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and chopped
- 10g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- low calorie cooking spray
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½-1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 350g dried basmati rice
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tbsp tomato purée
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 100g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 100g frozen peas
- 10g fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fat free natural Greek yogurt, to serve
- Put the roughly chopped onion and half of the roasted red peppers in a food processor. Add the ginger and garlic and whizz until puréed.
- Spray a large, deep non-stick pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the finely chopped onion for 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed. Add the pepper purée, spices and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, then add the rice and stir to coat the grains in the spice mixture.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, remaining roasted pepper, stock cubes, cauliflower and sweet potato. Pour in 700ml boiling water and bring to the boil, then cover with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan without stirring them in, replace the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander, season to taste and stir through before serving with the yogurt.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get HALF PRICE membership! That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night - a fabulous saving of £5! After that, bring a new member along and get a week free!
If you join with a 12-week Countdown course you’ll also get two free weeks (out of 12) and a FREE copy of our Eat More for Less cookbook, saving an extra £14.85!
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk/near-me to find your nearest group.
You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.